Thursday, April 12, 2018

Melania, grace under dampness





Women don't like getting their shoes wet.

Those things cost a fortune. 

One time I went shopping with Toni. One time. That's all it took to put me off shoe-shopping permanently. She pointed out all the details that make women's shoes much different than men's shoes. 

This little episode with Melania Tump reminded me of an incident at my parent's house. I was there alone with my dog in the den with the sliding patio door opened. A little boy who lived next door suddenly appeared in the doorway and walked inside. This is the little darling tow-headed child who had early showed up cupping his hands and approached me, hands extended, "You wanna see a calipitter?" 

Could you just die for the cuteness?

"I sure do!"

That childish fascination with an ordinary little caterpillar does take you back to your first caterpillar.

This time he asked for a glass of water. I obliged. I suppose I should have filled a small tumbler but I'm not used to little kids.  He dropped the class and broke it spilling the water and making a mess, but it was the sound of breaking glass that made him cry. 

It broke my heart seeing him so upset over a simple broken glass. "There, there, it's only a glass." I lifted him up and set on the table away from the shards. "Watch me sweep it up. We'll start over." 

4 comments:

deborah said...

"Don't worry, it's just a water."

I love shoes and like shoe shopping. Not that I have a closetful of them.

AllenS said...

Next kid up should have written: "You have class".

edutcher said...

You got it.

She is a class act and presumably lots nicer than Mike.

Methadras said...

Man she is so hot. She's way to good for Trump.