Sunday, November 19, 2017

What's the truth about the first Thanksgiving, Prager University



Oh yeah? Well Emily with Bite Size Vegan has an entirely different perspective. She tells us she's not aiming to spoil our holiday or invalidate our family traditions but Thanksgiving is actually about the celebration of genocide with genocide and I'm afraid that's as far as I got with her, forty-three seconds.

Plus I don't like her breast tattoo on prominent display on her flat chest open on purpose to view it, her stringy lifeless limp hair nor her schoolmarm glasses, her aggressive sorry ass attitude nor her apparently pinched and sanctimonious diet. Emily, you suck.  

Her commenters love her.

MTV News also has a giant bug up their ass about our family traditions not matching precisely historic facts.

And their viewers are immensely grateful for finally being shown plain simple unattractive unvarnished truth.

YouTube is loaded with truth. 

Native American girls describe the REAL history
Teen Vogue

The real thanksgiving story
Chidi Jude Ugoh

Thanksgiving Day truth behind the lies (30 minutes)
M. Mitchell 

The TRUTH of Thanksgiving
Yaban Israel

Thanksgiving myths busted
American Heroes Channel

What you didn't know about Thanksgiving
TruthUnveiled

Thanksgiving: A politically incorrect guide
Steven Crowder

Professor Griff - Truth about Thanksgiving (45 minutes)
blackmagic363

Skipping Thanksgiving -- The truth on Thanksgiving
SwiftKarateChop

And many, many more. Too many to list.

I AINT GOT TIME FOR DAT!

Shut up. Shut up. All of you just shut up. 

Because I'm busy thinking about soaking a bird in buttermilk. 

I did that one time and it made the moistest turkey ever, and I mean it. Had I taken more care and dried it off more carefully, perhaps buttered the skin, then it might have even been attractive. Mine turned out unattractive but incredibly moist. 

See, it didn't actually soak in buttermilk like swimming in buttermilk, rather, a towel was soaked with buttermilk and the turkey was wrapped in it.



Turkey bottom. ↓ It was roasted upside down so the moisture inside settled into the breast.


Flipped to finish. The top did not roast so attractively as the bottom did. ↓


Well, there you go. Live and learn, innit.

But check out how moist the breast is. The moistest I ever tasted. The whole time I was freaking out about how moist the meat turned out. It's actually liquid.


9 comments:

AllenS said...

Yum.

ricpic said...

Nothing makes me hate liberals more than their attack on the best holiday ever -- Thanksgiving.

So the bird isn't perfectly brown, so what Martha Stewart!

edutcher said...

How do you tell if somebody's lying?

If he says "Native American". The Puritans weren't pacifists and neither were the Indians. Be glad they got along for as long as they did.

chickelit said...

I spit roast my turkey on a gas grill. I've done that for about 15 years now. Best method, IMO.

ampersand said...

So! What were these "Native Americans" calling themselves before Amerigo Vespucci came along? Seems a bit of cultural appropriation going on.


I inject my bird with melted butter. Plenty moist and it's BUTTER! mmmm mmmm good.

MamaM said...

We brine ours and smoke it on the gas grill using a packet of wood chips that need to be checked on throughout the process to keep them smoking instead of going up in flames. Lots of fun, wonderful flavor, great smell in the outdoor air.

The atrocities spelled out by Emily in the first half of her video were hard to hear; however, I stopped listening at the point where the concept of turkey genocide was introduced.

Right now, my life is at a point where finding a meaningful way to get together and share a meal with people I care about is what matters most.

ndspinelli said...

There are many cooking tips that are horseshit. But, as Mama suggested, brining a turkey is well worth the effort. Makes for a tasty, moist, turkey.

Chip Ahoy said...

I really miss the grills.

En el apartamento no es posible.

I just now noticed Amazon Prime members get 20% off turkeys at Whole Food with a coupon they offer on their site.

I wonder if they'll accept a cell-phone photo of the coupon in place of one printed out.

I look back at all those turkey carcasses that Mum threw away and it makes me sad. She didn't know what to do with them. She didn't know anything was possible. Plus, by time it got down to the carcass she was completely over it and eager to see the last traces of it gone. Thanksgiving and Christmas, two a year. Imagine all the homemade broth that could have made. Then my dad would have comprehended what was missing from his 30 gallon efforts of root vegetable soup.

Ah PITY da foo who throws away the bones.

I just now boiled all the chicken and duck bones saved for a year. From two baked ducks to several dinners of fried or baked chicken thighs. Broke the femurs and stuffed the whole lot in my largest pot. Completely filled with broken bones. Pressure cooked for one hour. Turned out the darkest and strongest chicken stock I've ever tasted. No salt. No vegetables. Extremely flavorful. It has to be watered down. All aspic. .05% fat.

A friend of mine was doing that and throwing away the aspic. I said, "Dude, that's the best part." He goes, "I didn't k-n-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w."

AllenS said...

I like to eat turkey any way that it's fixed.