Monday, February 15, 2021

Happy Presidents Day


Today we honor our great Presidents Washington and Lincoln. You know the ones that the Democrats are trashing and pulling down the statues all over the country. The scumbags in San Fran are even taking their names off of all the public schools and putting the names of criminal moolies to honor their base.

Once upon a time each of these great Presidents had a a holiday to honor them. Then they combined them to give a cheap three day weekend. Still and all we can give  a thought to our great Presidents who protected and defended these our precious United States.

I will lift a pint with you Dutch and remember you fondly. You were the second best President of my lifetime. Well actually third but I don't really remember Ike as I was too young. Still and all God Bless the best President I ever knew Donald Trump.

6 comments:

ampersand said...

Wait until the "O" kicks the bucket. There wont be a public building, park ,airport or street that wont be renamed for him. They'll probably rename President's day too. School districts will go broke catering his favorite meals, Kobe beef, Lobster tails and arugula.

ndspinelli said...

Sixty, And Truman said the decision was a no brainer..it was.

chickelit said...

FDR had kept Truman completely in the dark regarding the A-bomb, according to William Manchester. Such was the level of secrecy. The Russians knew more about the A-bomb than Truman did when he took over in April of 1945, thanks to their well-placed (and later executed spies).

edutcher said...

You'd have liked Ike.

Sixty Grit said...

I remember Ike. I watched the '56 convention on television. Truman was president when I was born, and say what you will about him, he did nuke the japs, so he's okay in my book.

There are those who will tell you Marshall had to drag him into it kicking and screaming. Consider Korea.

ampersand said...

Wait until the "O" kicks the bucket. There won;t be a public building, park, airport or street that wont be renamed for him.

Same with Jack Kennedy. Another worthless charmer. With any luck, things will have changed by then.

Some Seppo said...

I'm a bit younger. My first vivid Presidential TV memory was JFK's funeral. I know JFK had plenty of faults, first among many being our involvement in SE Asia. But I'm still waiting for JFK's statues to be toppled due to his unwoke battle against the forces of International Communism.

edutcher said...

It's coming. If they're going after DiFi, they'll come for him soon enough.