Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Babe Abides

"Babe you have always been a hero of mine. You know you were probably the best player the Red Sox ever had. Well before me that is. What advice can you give me?"
"Well keed there is one thing I know. Watch out for your kids."
"Why's that Babe?"
"Cause if you don't you can end up with you head cut off on a can of tuna fish."
"What the fuck are you talking about"
"Don't worry keed. You'll see just wait. Now leave me alone so I can enjoy my cigar and cough."

5 comments:

ricpic said...

The Splendid Splinter spent the rest of his life after baseball doing what? Fishing. What a comedown.

chickelit said...

That’s what happened to William Tedd.

The Dude said...

Au contraire - watch the show about Teddy Baseball - he was as intense about fishing as he was about hitting or shooting down commie fighter planes. He would catch a fish, dissect it, see what it was eating, then fashion bait that matched their diet. Also, I highly recommend that show - if only to hear a real Marine speak.

But I am with you - at least for me, fishing is not an activity I care to participate in.

ndspinelli said...

Ted also liked to hunt. He would show up @ Fenway early in the morn and shoot pigeons and sea gulls. He would pay clubhouse boys to act as retrievers. Killing sea gulls should be legal wherever those rats live.

XRay said...

He was intense about being an American. Living, and fighting for, the freedoms we enjoy.