Saturday, May 25, 2019

Trump greets servicemen in Alaska while his plane refuels

Youtube [trump] filter [today].

Man, there's a bunch of insane crap.

There is not much to this video. Trump could stay comfortably onboard while his plane refuels but he chooses instead to greet servicemen/women at Elmendorf-Richardson combined AFB/Army Fort in Anchorage. He merely greets people. That's it. While from their point of view it's all, "Honey, Honey, you'll never guess. Today I shook hands with the president!"



And that got me thinking, now this is a service person's president. They love him.

And that got me thinking. 

So?

Obama evoked this same response in the people who loved him too. 

Trump asked his man for a pen to sign the guy's hat, then gave the guy his hat back and the pen. A token he'll treasure the rest of his life.

But Obama could do that same thing too.

Can I open my heart to accept that Obama did for his supporters what Trump does for these people and me?

Sure. 

But Trump is still a lot better.

When I visited my parent's grave the visitors center at Ft. Logan had Obama's portrait displayed prominently as they do everywhere on military installations, and I was appalled. But I shouldn't have been. I chided myself for being disgusted.

I can imagine people having the same feeling seeing Trump's portrait replacing Obama's on bases everywhere all at once schwing just like that. Major change. And the people who work under the portraits are supposed to feel nothing as if they don't even notice.

3 comments:

AllenS said...

Obama ain't got nuthin' on Trump.

edutcher said...

He'll do the same for cops.

Tank said...

Trump actually likes people and likes the military. All relaxed and having fun (except the SS guys who are all tense, as they should be).