Wednesday, May 23, 2018

@simonfromharlow

This British dad volunteered to help chaperone sixty ten-year-old kids to the Science Museum and wrote an epic tweet storm along the way.

I cannot make sense of his twitter timeline. I don't know how far to scroll down. I've scrolled pages and pages and pages of people responding but so far haven't located his original tweets. I read it elsewhere on this thread reader, here.

Sample:

8:40am. I’ve signed a risk assessment and promised not to take any photos. WE’RE GOING TO THE SCIENCE MUSEUM

8:47am. The children are all being sent to the toilet before we get on the coach. Apparently none of them need to go.

I have six children in my group. One of the boys has just called me ‘Bruv’

We are boarding the coach. There is so much noise

Ah. Coach seats all have seatbelts now. This is causing an unprecedented amount of fuckery

I’ve been seated next to ‘Bruv’ he’s just announced he’s prone to travel sickness

WE ARE OFF!

The sound of 57 lunchboxes opening simultaneously is quite something

We’ve traveled half a mile. Three children need the toilet

1 comment:

AllenS said...

"Three children need the toilet". I could see that coming.