Saturday, May 12, 2018

Resize a belt

I want a light brown belt with hexagonal studs. But not regular hexagons, elongated hexagons so that the pattern looks like snake scales. And I looked everywhere. Amazon has only regular hexagons. I found them in black but I don't want black. And those are $150.00. Incidentally, the style is called "punk." What's up with that? Wait, here's one for $99.00.

This one is on eBay from Britain for $38.00 including shipping. But it's black.


The hexagons are arranged properly fitted with no spaces for maximum snake scale replication. I like this, and now I can see more clearly why they keep calling them punk.

I found what I want on Wish, the very strange site with all the weird junk. And that right there should tell me I'm out on thin ice. Guilt by association. Trouble is, the smallest size is 105, whatever that is. I presume centimeters. I ask the internet simply [belt size 105] and see other people have this same question. 


When is the world going to wise up and comport with American sizes? Don't they get it that we are the most important global market? Get with the program already. Gawl. 

Notice the studs are not tightly fit allowing the leather to show. It's not solid studs all the way across.  In a way, though, the diagonal row arrangement is more like a snake. Their scales are tightly fit, but not actually hexagonal, and arranged in diagonal rows that continue around, not just three. Three rows of elongated hexagons resemble honeycomb more than they resemble snake scales

The guy in this video takes twelve minutes to ... tell ... you ... to ... shorten ... the ... buckle ... end ... not ... the ... end ... with ... the ... holes.  Don't watch it, he's too slow.


The guy in this video takes 55 seconds to say the same thing, except his buckle end  is different. It is a clamp and does not need to have holes punched or the end shaved down to be thinner so that it's not doubly bulky.

And neither one has to pull out hexagonal studs. But point taken, shorten the buckle end, not the end with the holes. None of the videos I watched say why. Maybe because the cut part must be stained to match. I wish they would explain their reasoning. 


I have leather tools in a shoe box that haven't been used in 40 years. A friend offered to buy them but I was like, no way, I could use those some day. This is going to be fun. 

Imagine it. I can wear this studded snake belt anywhere, church, posh cocktail parties, funeral receptions, biker club meets at scary bars, skate boarding conventions, Comic Con, gay pride parades, Labor Day bbq, bar mitzvahs, weddings, with a tuxedo or 501 Levi's, with a suit and white shirt with cufflinks and pocket square or with cut offs, for feast of remberance or for gardening. It's totally versital. 

No comments: