Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Chopper presser, Elijah Cummings smackdown edition

I love these things. I have never found an American president this interesting. Italy's Berlusconi was similar but Trump is more accomplished and more combative, less refined and more extroverted.




In kindergarten, my older brother in the first grade, taught me how to make a helicopter sound.

He was truly great at sound effects. Mostly derived from cartoons. He imitated Donald Duck and I never was able to do that one. It involves straining your voice terribly, pitching to the far back of your mouth, constricting your vocal cords to the maximum, constraining air flow to nothing, and smash-spitting words out both sides of your mouth. It sounds very wet and compressed. I tried and tried and tried for years and never got that one. 

For a helicopter you shape your face to make an "O." A tight "O" and blow air through it. Then whip the tip of your tongue back and forth over the "O" to block the airflow as it passes by. Like ten of those per second. You have to move your tongue really fast. And take a deep breath because the air runs out of your lungs very quickly. 

It sounds exactly like a helicopter, except a lot more quiet. Like a helicopter that's far away. 

How he ever thought of that is beyond me. 

That's why to me Barry was a genius.

Boy savant for sound-imitations. 

I begged him to teach me all that he knows.

Can you imagine having a pain in the ass like me clawing at your shirt? 

1 comment:

edutcher said...

Cummings was always used to hiding behind his race to buffalo the opposition. Now Trump has used that to put another strike against the Demos on the board.

PS Most of the drones at the "debate" last night were trying to sound like moderates.

Any of them recall, "I voted for it before I voted against it."?