Thursday, July 25, 2019

Denim magnifying glass case

1) I have a magnifying glass that I use all the time. Every time I pick it up the thing must be cleaned. Apparently it's also a dust magnet.

2) Working on another project I spilled Gorilla glue onto a new pair of jeans. I tried soaking the area in fingernail polish remover a million times. Possibly twenty times. To no effect. The glue is in a noticeable spot. All the birds check me out, it's a thing with them, and the spot is right there. Where the checking out occurs.

So the pants have to go.

Size 30-34. Personal history is there's a good chance I'll be that size again so I'd much rather keep the pants but not with that spot on them. This is a sad tale of woe and terrible waste. I'd much rather keep the pants. They've been sitting around on the 2nd bathroom floor with the bottle of fingernail polish remover purchased just for this. Everything's a waste of cash, time and effort.

So I cut off the bottom leg and made a cover for the magnifying glass.

I sewed!

It took ten minutes to thread the needle with one of those needle threading things.

Finally I got the needle threaded by turning on my superpower vision and by using the magnifying glass, but mostly by using the magnifying glass. 


These pants were originally tan. I dyed them green. The dye is great but it works on natural fibers. The stitching is synthetic so the stitching sticks out in white. 


Ew, I hate that glue to pieces.





Finally no more stinking scum dust on my magnifying glass. 

4 comments:

Joe Jackson said...

Wow. I thought I had too much time on my hands...

Well played!

Joe
https://theviewfromladylake.blogspot.com/

Joe Jackson said...

PS - you've been on my blogroll for months now - how about adding mine to yours?

Joe

https://theviewfromladylake.blogspot.com/

The Dude said...

You were on the blogroll here for a while, then some old defunct blogs were deleted, and I guess yours went with them.

Management needs to restore your blog, stat.

Chip Ahoy said...

Added.