Tuesday, May 14, 2019

eels

The fireflies reminded me of Bethlehem where I caught them. You know what? When it comes to wildlife, Pennsylvania sure does have a lot of it. They have everything.

Bats, beetles, bears, bugs, rats, snakes, lizards, fish, salamanders, turtles, broad selection of birds, deer, you name it.

When we moved to Louisiana I was blown away by the exotic wildlife, armadillos, vultures, pelicans, alligators, pointed gar fish, crawdads, turtles, storks, tons of weird animals.

Back to Pennsylvania my brother told me about a nearby canal. I never saw it. Lehigh Valley Canal. Although nearby it was far for me. He walked that far away from home on his own and explored it. What a bass tard he was always ditching me. He told me it was too dangerous for me. I could slip in and drown.

And that would be terrible.

"What's it like what's it like what's it like?" I had an annoying habit of getting excited and saying things three times. No wonder he was constantly ditching me.

*turns to the side* You see, Doctor, it's why I have these lingering feelings of abandonment today.

And then years later returning to visit my grandmother I told my brother I'm still very interested in seeing it. You know, to make up for missed opportunities. Come on, a canal! Those things are historic.

He said, "The whole thing is filled with eels now. Nobody wants to actually swim in it."

"W-h-a-a-a-t ? "

"Yeah. Eels. Millions of them. Possibly five million."

And that put me off ever visiting that creepy canal.

Ruined.

But this is how you could fix it.

No comments: