Sunday, August 30, 2015

"Women should dress modestly or expect to ‘entice a rapist’ – claims singer Chrissie Hynde"

"Her comments came in an interview with The Sunday Times, which published extracts from her autobiography entitled “Reckless”."
The book details an incident when she was 21 when she was picked up by a motorcycle gang who promised to take her to a party but instead took her to an empty house and sexually assaulted her.
But she said: “If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk? Who else's fault can it be? – Er, the guy who attacks you?
“Oh, come on! That's just silly.
“If I'm walking around and I'm very modestly dressed and I'm keeping to myself and someone attacks me, then I'd say that's his fault.
“But if I'm being very lairy and putting it about and being provocative, then you are enticing someone who's already unhinged — don't do that.”
She added: “You know, if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him. If you're wearing something that says 'Come and ---- me', you'd better be good on your feet… I don't think I'm saying anything controversial am I?"
Totally politically incorrect.

10 comments:

edutcher said...

Well, she doesn't have to worry.

She's for all the right causes, so this is just Lefty dhimmitude.

They let in the Moslems by the millions and they act like the savages they've always been and, rather than fight, the Lefties make excuses.

And some people can't figure out why The Donald is doing so well over here.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

If Sarah Palin said it - Flipped-out cow birthing from the hyperventilation left.

chickelit said...

The woman was too vulgar for Ray Davies of The Kinks. He says so in his book "Americana."

rhhardin said...

She refused to relicense Limbaugh's theme song in the early 2000s, then discovered that her parents were Limbaugh fans and relented.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

Ridiculous, self-serving, irrelevant and probably false, too. Is there any evidence that dress-style is a "cause" of rape? Really? I guess cons are really only pro-personal responsibility when it comes to avoiding personal misfortune, but not when it comes to forgoing violence.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Chrissie is not a "con". Balls.

Trooper York said...

I think she got raped because she had too much brass in her pocket.

Dust Bunny Queen said...

Totally politically incorrect

And totally actually correct. Deal with it.

Amartel said...

Well, yeah, she's right. Just because she's left 99% of the time doesn't mean she's not right sometimes. Most lefties have some non-politically correct thoughts that they quietly cling to, like guns and religion and leftover notions from some prior incarnation of leftism that are no longer in vogue. Like nationalism. Or that people should at least try to support themselves. Or that All Lives Matter.

Amartel said...

Perfect example of people being conservative about stuff they personally know about.