Saturday, October 24, 2015

RIP Mary Kate Danaher.


With all her bits and pieces about her. She is off to a better place to rejoin her husband and her brother.

In remembrance of all we have lost this past year.

Oh all the time that e'er I spent,
I spent it in good company;
And any harm that e'er I've done,
I trust it was to none but me;
May those I've loved through all the years
Have memories now they'll e'er recall;
So fill me to the parting glass,
Goodnight, and joy be with you all.
Oh all the comrades that e'er I had,
Are sorry for my going away;
And all the loved ones that e'er I had
Would wish me one more day to stay.
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should leave and you should not,
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call
Goodnight, and joy be with you all.
Of all good times that e'er we shared,
I leave to you fond memory;
And for all the friendship that e'er we had
I ask you to remember me;
And when you sit and stories tell,
I'll be with you and help recall;
So fill to me the parting glass,
God bless, and joy be with you all.


2 comments:

deborah said...

That's a lovely poem, Troop. Thank you. RIP Maureen.

And to the memory of my beloved aunt who left us suddenly last Fall. We were all stunned.

Mary Kate: What manner of man have I married?

Her brother: A better man than you know, Mary Kate.

ricpic said...

Impetuous! Homeric!


Hey, I just read a column in my beloved NY Post by Michael Walsh, another great Mick, and he used your favorite word in it -- skel.