Monday, October 26, 2015

Great Moments in Mets History Volume 4: Everybody Loves Shamsky

New York Post February &, 2009
RUFF SEX SLAM ON 'SHAM'
By ALIYAH SHAHID and TODD VENEZIA
Kim Shamsky's nasty fight with her Amazin' ex-husband is really going to the dogs.
The scorned wife's battle against Art Shamsky hit a new low when she quoted yesterday a line from a 16-year-old love note he sent her, which she claimed shows his "dark side."
The odd closing to the letter, referencing their pet Maltese, Bianca, was: "I got carried away and started to play with the dog's nipple somewhere in the middle of the night."
"That's not a joke," she told The Post. "Who would ever buy a card like that? This means that he was playing with the dog . . . It's disgusting." 
The doggie to-do - the latest in a series of knee-buckling curves that included claims of him switch-hitting with men and women - is raising the bar on her claims from "
The card was sent before the couple married in 1993. Kim Shamsky mysteriously claimed that she did not open it until after they wed in 1994.
"I would have never said 'I do' if I read the card at the time," she said. "My dogs are the most important thing to me. Bianca was my kid."
While her ex has threatened to take out a restraining order against her, she said a restraining order should be taken out "against him going into a pet store."
Sladkus was stunned to hear that Kim - who said she's "not accusing him [Shamsky] of anything" - was making more outrageous claims two days after she made front-page headlines by haranguing the '69 Met on a Midtown street.
Thursday, Sladkus publicly warned Kim Shamsky that she should stop making potentially slanderous claims.
"I'd like to hear her repeat that charge in open court," he said. "When people act like that, it's a sign of desperation."
The couple divorced in 2006. Last year, Kim filed an emotional-distress lawsuit against the 67-year-old former player, who starred on the 1969 World Series champion Miracle Mets.
Kim Shamsky claims she's due money because her ex caused her psychological damage by fooling around on her during their marriage and exposing her to a sexually transmitted disease. He has denied the allegations, and his lawyer dismissed it as her attempt to recoup money she lost in the nasty divorce.
Kim Shamsky said she planned to continue speaking out. She said Sladkus "should stop eating ice cream and read his law books. It's called the First Amendment.

10 comments:

ndspinelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ndspinelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ndspinelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ricpic said...

Let me guess, Sladkus is addicted to Ben & Jerry's Heavenly Hash.

windbag said...

I don't see any cleavage. Its fur is in the way.

Aridog said...

How does anyone, even baseball fans, even know who "Shamsky" is...but the name does seem to fit.

I guess I am rather "out of it." :-)

ndspinelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...

What does it profit a man if he gain a World Series Ring and yet lose his wedding band in the process?....... They should get into couples counseling and try to work this little spat out......I must say that a woman who would treat her dog like that gives off red warning signs and yellow flares, but with patience and good will all things are possible.

Aridog said...

Nick ... ha ha. I have no idea of whether the Tigers, Lions, Pistons, etc. have any Muslims on their teams. I watch nearly zero pro sports and close to that for NCAA Div 1 these days. That said, I'd not care one way or another so long as the person could play the game well. My biggest sport exposure this year was watching the last 25 seconds of the UM/MSU football game on a large screen while waiting for a table at a restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I do like sports...just not so much the over hyped varieties...and most of those I'd watch are no longer available on TV or Internet. Thank you "NBC/ no-so-Universal Sports"

Sports celebrities' and Hollywood stars' pronouncements are partially what have caused my ambivalence for sport and movies...who cares what politics or religion they are? Not me. Now I see a guy running down my street with a Molotov cocktail in his hand...well, I have a "cure" for that...and so do my neighbors, equally harsh.

ndspinelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.