Thursday, July 16, 2015

"On the scale of 1 to 10, what are you a definite 10 at?"

Selection of top voted Reddit Comments...
Acting interested in what people are saying when in reality I have no clue what they're talking about because I have been thinking about something else for the last 10 minutes.

Overestimating my own abilities.

Awareness. For some reason I am able to eavesdrop and know what's going on around me really fucking well, to the point where it's sometimes frustrating that other people don't notice or see the same things I do. Then I remember that not everyone is constantly evaluating their surroundings and eyeing everything in sight.

Mediocrity. Perfect, run-of-the-mill, 100% generic, average, nothing special. If someone wrote my biography it would be called "one shade of grey." I put the fun in fundamental basics, but damned if I'm not the best at it.

10 comments:

Aridog said...

I am a 10+ on "situational awareness" .... I always know what is gong on around me or near-by and react accordingly. I don't start fights, but I could always end them if necessary, but I'd prefer to just avoid them. And 95 times out of 100 or better, I always do. Being oblivious, or distracted, is the most dangerous thing one can be.

bagoh20 said...

I'm a 10 at being a 7.

Aridog said...

bagoh20 ...a "7"...I don't believe you. I'd bet you're more situationally aware than even I am. But it's humble that you say otherwise. :-) All of your previous posts attest to my theory here.

William said...

I can levitate, but it's a totally worthless skill. You have to concentrate really hard and even then you can only hover about two inches above the ground for a minute or two. People treat it like some kind of cheap parlor trick so it doesn't even impress girls.

ricpic said...

We're all a perfect ten in the ignorance department.

A fact that only I.....and scores of thousands of other nobodies fully accept and embrace.

bagoh20 said...

Thanks Aridog, but your kindness proves you are 3 points above me, which again leaves me at 7.

Common core math says Clinton is a 12 out of 10. 39% of Americans came up with the same figure, but they won't show their work.

William said...

Well, I exaggerated a bit. I can only levitate for a couple of seconds, and I have to push myself upwards. I am, however, capable of time travel. I can jump ahead to the future. I can only do it a second at a time, but it's definitely time travel. Some day soon I will figure out how to stop time traveling.

bagoh20 said...

So travel ahead one second, levitate, then do it over and over very fast until you are contacted by Air Traffic Control. Just say: "Take me to your leader." Then, enjoy your stay at Trump Tower.

AllenS said...

"What am I a 10 at?"

Well, if it wasn't for my Grand Poobah distinction, nothing.

Methadras said...

I'm a 10 at righteous indignation.