Monday, July 27, 2015

What is your go-to icebreaker?

Top voted Reddit answers...
Me: "Titanic."
Other person: "What?"
Me: "Sorry, not a good icebreaker."

Having graduated college, I've had to replace the ever potent "So what's your major?" with "So what keeps you busy these days?" It slightly more open than "what do you do [for a living]," since it could allow someone to open up about a hobby or interesting pursuit.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

"So..giraffes. Do you think they're too tall?"

5 comments:

ricpic said...

"Read anything good lately?" is another ice-breaker and unobtrusive as well.

bagoh20 said...

"Most people who know me think I'm pretty creepy. How about You?"

Methadras said...

Hi, how are you. Can I tell you something? I see an orange aura around emanating with a lot of energy. You are very powerful.

MamaM said...

Is the Pope catholic? Works here as an ice breaker and an ice maker. A two fer one kind of deal, like a bi-polar bear.

Whose that girl? also seems to get things rolling, with men at least. After which the conversation sort of peters out.

Dad Bones said...

Being asked, "Keeping busy?" used to annoy me to no end whenever I wasn't doing nearly enough to stay busy.