Friday, September 20, 2013

Obama-me

Seen in the Twitter feed, Noonan writes that White House staffers have a new name for their boss, Obama-me.

And that is in an article she wrote that is behind a paywall, so nolinkforyou!

I feel bad because I used simple search and BAM there it was, but I don't know nuthn' 'bout this here internet etiquette, and besides I didn't read it because I could not get past the first sentence, the framework, the premise put me right off. Here is how she starts with the words of a diplomat: "There are two templates of American foreign-policy thinking. Munich and Vietnam"

If America does not move they say, "Another Munich -- appeasement". And when America moves militarily they say, "This is Vietnam -- jumping in where we do not belong."

Stop.

Goodbye.

The article is titled A New Kind of Credibility if you care to find it, but right there, the only credibility that I see is none. That is the new kind. The article would have to describe none. And framed so poorly, what, only two strawmen? This scarecrow says two things outside that narrow framework. 1) not in our national interest 2) you are insufficiently trusted to wage war, I can add a third for fun, 3) you are insufficiently trusted to report it.


17 comments:

I'm Full of Soup said...

I have a subscription Chip- I'll see if I can find an crib some good stuff if there is any [Noonan kind of lost her Mojo when she endorsed Obama 4-5 years ago].

I'm Full of Soup said...

It was a tweet. Here is the tweet in quotes:


"Apparently some White House staffers have a new nickname for the President: "Obam-me" because it's all about him and his big thoughts".

Sounds very believable to me.

virgil xenophon said...

But who plays the black mini-me to Obama-me?

virgil xenophon said...

Of course I'm a thinkin' that Obama is the mini component to domineering Michelle...

edutcher said...

When even your own acolytes are getting fed up with you, rough seas are ahead.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I assume the insider tell-all book proposals are being drafted by the former acolytes.

Icepick said...

But who plays the black mini-me to Obama-me?

Vern Troyer in black-face. Or maybe that midget that was hanging out with the Boston pitcher.

rhhardin said...

Noonan writes mostly fuzz.

Women think like that, if you notice.

rhhardin said...

Althouse says emotion is important along with fuzz.

rhhardin said...

Lautreamont recommends to women that maxims replace fuzz and emotion.

rhhardin said...

Give your emotions a pilot.

XRay said...

Or a plot.

bagoh20 said...

I like women a little fuzzy. Can I get a hallelujah, Peter?

Chip Ahoy said...

The thing is, so far, every paywall I've hit, I just type the title or the author and the key words and it has never failed to bring up the exact thing mirrored somewhere. And then the first paragraph I go, "glad I didn't pay for that."

JAL said...

It took them this long?

rhhardin said...

Pay wall.

Google goes around it.

KCFleming said...

Noonan has some interesting criticisms for Obama.

None of which explain or undo the fact that she voted for everything she's bitching about now. Moron.

Like McArdle and A*thouse, their current critiques are next to worthless as a result.

Why should I read someone who was so easily fooled? Christ. It's like following a Liz Taylor guide to marriage.