Saturday, September 21, 2013

seven flowers pop-up card


The pages for these cards are not read all that much but the page for this one is read the most. Every day at least one person visits the page and often people hang out there for a while. Today there were four visitors from all different countries. About a fourth or so are linked by squido. It would be the easiest to make.

Out of a hundred or so different cards, fifty have pages published, only a few of the cards I've received no feedback about at all directly or indirectly and this is one of them. I have no idea what happened to it, even if it was received. But that is okay with me because I have received feedback by direct mail, a few times, by people who told me they made one following its description
Odd to hear nothing at all because there were so many opportunities. You might recognize the tiny watercolor painting used for an elaborated cover from a photograph published @TOP around the time of a marriage. It was sent to the school, confident it would be routed, but there is every chance it was never seen, and that would be a bit of a shame.

10 comments:

edutcher said...

Nice.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The bee sells it for me.

If chikie (the name Darcy uses for pollo) were here, I would ask him if the bee could be though of as a catalyst is this case. or if it could be poetically transformed to make it so.

Chikie's EPR tag leads me to believe that it is possible. if my conclusions of my assumptions are correct. or mildly correct.
(I'm giving myself a chance here)

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I hear this guy say "give yourself a break", I haven't looked it up, I'm guessing its related to another saying which goes, "give me a break", loosely translated as "give me another chance".

It could be, when taken from what it was and catalytically converted.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

"The best is yet to come" is another way of saying the best that has not been seen nor heard nor touched is going to come around one more time.

The quick turn of the bike is the sale pitch. I'm guessing, I've only ridden non motorized bikes.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

I adore your pop up cards.
Just wonderful!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

That is a fabulous card. And along with Lem, I agree, I like the bee.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Springfield. And then... spring! a field of flowers springing.

JAL said...

I made this a couple years ago as a birthday card. (It was quite shabby compared to Chip's -- but in defense of my normally picky self, I *did* make it in a moving car while hubby was driving over the Cherohala Skyway -- one of the most incredible secrets of the Great Smokies -- to TN. Got car sick in the process.)

It is easy, and fun to see it opened.

Love your cards Chips, but this one is the only one I have tried because the rest are complicated.

We saw a whole window full of them in Europe.

JAL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAL said...

Read the "more" on your post. That explains the map. But -- Ouch. You never got a thank you?

Maybe because the envelope was thick and "heavy" it was thought to be dangerous?

My guess is it didn't get delivered. TOP was gracious to the commenters on several occasions. (I remember a hat and scarf -- Darcy? or someone --.)