Tuesday, July 14, 2015

garden


At Wade's reception I was standing with a group of people and conversation momentarily lulled, "Did you notice the large-leaf plant up there is loaded with eggplants, combined with other things, with the taller canna sticking up?"

"What?"

It took awhile to get the people to see the eggplants inside the plant structure and dark as its own shadows, but once seen they're all over inside the rather large plant, almost large as zucchini plant but not quite and with a tendency to grow upward as much as outward. It surprised everybody. They all considered Wade exceedingly clever. I noticed an eggplant for sale right off at Home Depot where the tomatoes and herbs are, put it in the basket without further thinking and it has turned out to be one of my favorite plants. It has these purple flowers all over.

You are first to see this little garden from inside it. Water every single day, food to live on, constant tending, carting off the dead things, cleaning up their messes, we gardener-types are a dedicated lot. This container garden is dedicated to Wade who showed us what can be done. I admit I haven't a clue what I'm doing.