Tuesday, July 14, 2015



“That's *my* steak, Valance.”
“You heard him, Dude. Pick it up.
“No!”
“Pilgrim, hold it. I said you, Valance; *you* pick it up.”
“Three against one, Doniphon.”
“My boy, Pompey; kitchen door.”
“I'll get it, Liberty!”
[Doniphon kicks Floyd in the face as he bends down to retrieve the tray]
“It pay’s to own and not to rent. You should take a lesson Valance.”
“I’m gonna sue you.”
“Shut up pilgrim. There are men talking here.”
“Make your play or walk Valance.”
“I guess we will be walking Doniphon. But this ain’t over.”

“Looks over to me.”

2 comments:

edutcher said...

Ain't over till the shootout.

ndspinelli said...

I think I've told this story previously? A friend's family had a cottage on Crystal Lake in Rockville, Ct. So did the "Rockville Rocker" Gene Pitney. He had a big boat w/ several gas cans. We would get drunk and do Navy Seal maneuvers, stealing Pitney's gas.