Wednesday, September 6, 2017

card

Today upon leaving the apartment to walk around the neighborhood to run a bunch of errands all at one go, I was forced to notice an envelope left attached to my door by means of clamp that's attached for such things as eviction notices and other such heartwarming messages and tidings and well wishes. And I thought, "Oh man, what now?" Immediately irritated before I had even begun. Why so sneaky? Why not knock?  Except this seemed puffed up inside it, more like a birthday card.


Can you even get any more girlish than this picture?

How nice. It doesn't even pop up. It just sits there two dimensionally. Still, it conveys gratitude graciously. I don't even know who this person is. Although now I know his first name. He must have asked the women in the office which apartment the guy with with the outrageous balcony lives because when I walked by all three were uncharacteristically overtly gregariously engaging to me. He must have told them about this. There were six such bags of caladium bulbs, he must be the guy who shot out of the bar and stopped me as I passed by on the sidewalk the day the storm was threatening and extravagantly described how the pot of bulbs were growing surprisingly large and the vines wildly rampant. The whole thing must be dying back now. Mine are. Whatever. Whoever. It's very nice. It made me feel great.

And that goes to show you, one gracious response out of six is a pretty good record. 

3 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Nice.

MamaM said...

They took a while to come up, but they did.

That there is testimony to the process involved in soul restoration, described by another ancient writer who left these marks for others to read and ponder:

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.


We continue to leave marks on walls in the hope of connecting and communicating something that matters, with some marks hidden in an envelope and hung on a clip, and others showing up on blogs.

It appears to me as though pop-up action was present 3 or more times before the card and note showed up here.

deborah said...

"How nice. It doesn't even pop up. It just sits there two dimensionally."

It UNFOLDED, show some respect.