Friday, February 9, 2018

Ethan Van Sciver, illustrator for Rules of Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan Peterson

Ethan is a well-known illustrator of comic books. He has a lot of videos up on YouTube about drawing comics and tons of videos about SJWs hounding him off Twitter and vandalizing a pizza place after they hosted him and about SJWs basically stalking him. You could get lost in his drawing lessons on how to draw comics.

He takes nearly seven minutes to get to the illustrations. Longest intro ever, I went, skip, skip, skippidy do dah, skippy skip, until I saw pictures of the book, so if I missed anything important let me know. Okay?



Well. I like his interpretations very much.

But not quite enough to buy the book.

This boy interviews Ethan Van Sciver at a comic book convention presumably and he's only eight-years-old. He looks down to his notes for questions. And here's what kills like two supergiant suns colliding. He can actually read. 

That just blows me away that people alive only a few years on earth can already read, already have interest such as this, already bug their parents to take them to these things to meet people they know about through reading. It just kills me seeing children read. Seeing children's tiny hands finger spell in sign language. As I get older and interested in gardening I tend to view humans as plants. I view human life cycle as plant life cycles. By that mode of comparison this is like a tiny seedling just popped up out of the dirt who can already read. Compare with the character Roy in Netflix Godless learning to read in his mid-twenties, or Miss Daisy teaching the character Hoke Colburn to read in his, what, his seventies, or whatever, and his surprise that he can sound out his friend's name by the letters and find his gravestone. What great scenes these are. Then this little boy just automatically reads like it's no big thing.

It IS a big thing.



I wouldn't have done as well at this age. I don't think. I wouldn't be able to listen and synthesize Ethan's answers. I'd be thinking about the next question. I'd be thinking about all the other things going on. This, I believe is adorable. 

No comments: