Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Gus Kenworthy

Something Olympics, something 12th place or something. Something kiss, something Ivanka, something Pence.  Puppy something. Something boyfriend. Something Trump. Something about P&G, whatever that is. Head and Shoulders something. Everyone's making a name for themselves, having a great time. Or something. Din't watch 'cause I was busy goofing around. Someone explain this to me.


And didn't you always sense Olympics are gay? It's like historic. They should just get real with themselves and do everything nude. Isn't that what this is really about? 

Hey! Wanna hear something that's more interesting to me than a losing skiers sex life and political views?

Total change of subject, right here.

I bought 4 of those Japanese knifes on sale at Amazon and gave one away already. To a woman whom I had a conversation with about cooking and about sharp knives. I said, "I bought you a gift based on a conversation we had, can you guess what it is?" I'm holding out a long thin black box that could be a necklace or a watch. Women think in terms of jewelry. I think. She was stumped. In that moment she racked her brains but couldn't imagine and those things compounded her surprise. She genuinely flipped out. Man, that was fun to watch. It's unimaginable. A dude bought her a very nice knife. Who even does that? I saw her later as she was leaving and she told me thank you again and she's eager to get home and try it.

I tried mine. It's balanced nicely. Well constructed. The blade goes almost to the end of the handle. Shortened so its weight is  balanced  right where the blade emerges from the handle, so if you threw it, it would flip nicely, and the handle curves up slightly so knuckles don't hit the cutting board. But it has a significant flaw. In my view. The blade is flat on one side and beveled on the other. It's sharpened on only one side. And that causes the blade to curve into whatever it is that's being sliced. It does not tend to slice straight downward. To slice straight downward you have to force it. It's like a Belgian sheepdog cannot run a straight line. Even a short recall, they cut a noticeable curve. Like a gyroscope in their head that forces them to curve. The blade's bevel does that. I didn't know that about knives. But it sure is sharp. It cut my cornbread very nicely. It's wicked sharp. 

4 comments:

edutcher said...

Why should we listen to somebody (male, female, etc.) whose big job is falling down a hill?

Chip Ahoy said...

If you google his name you get everything except his Olympic performance. It's in there somewhere tucked into the articles that headline something else.

Amartel said...

Zero medals. Same as the other famous for being gay and rude dude at the Olympics.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Chip- she may think you are an axe murderer in training.