Saturday, September 14, 2013

wail

Want to hear a man wail? I mean, really wail? Without Autotune.  I do not know who this man is, Josh Weathers, covers a song from The Bodyguard. He talks about it first, and gets started singing at 1:27 and apparently women swoon over his speaking voice too, judging by remarks left on YouTube. I think Josh has a slug before stepping out on stage.


It's weird when I see people wearing shirts of the exact same textile pattern I owned decades ago like the pattern is recycled commercially. This happened a couple of times like this green red and white Stewart dress tartan, it sticks out because of so much white. 

9 comments:

The Dude said...

Damn, Chip Ahoy - what time zone are you in?

Chip Ahoy said...

Central Mtn. It's 3:08am here in Denver, 5:08 in NY.

I lost track if it's daylight savings or not. Let's see if I can get at this logically. spring forward fall behind. So we sprung forward, but why? Days longer. so no need to save them. therefore std time, not dst. Answer: Mtn std time. I think.

Chip Ahoy said...

But there is another video I want to point to. It's a tractor with a microphone placed where the engine noise percusses. Then the band strikes up to that steady rhythm. It's amusing. Sweet Georgia Brown.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The laughter is musical too.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Ordinarily, my standard snarky thing to say in this sort of situation is "No man should ever be able to produce sounds like that."

Works for, say, the Bee Gees or that guy who sang for Journey with the big nose and the bad haircut.

But that Josh Weathers guy is all right.

The regular-guy, masculine demeanor is of tremendous assistance to guys like me, I thoroughly suspect.

chickelit said...

He's "flying the flannel"-- a stage costume first popularized by John Fogerty in CCR and later on by Neil Young.

Trooper York said...

Why is he dressing like a lesbian?

Trooper York said...

He needs to wear tux like Justin Timberlake.

Now there's a real talent.

Synova said...

I had the cassette with songs from Dragon Tails in the cassette player in our van for at least three years.

After at least 12 years since then I can say that I *almost* don't hear it in my sleep.