Wednesday, September 11, 2013

John Kerry


Regarding the president's speech -- he did one of those? -- I read on Instapundit, but read no further than this, that it appeared to the author the work Kerry had done wasn't worth it. "Speaking of 'paralyzed,' I don't think the work he had done was a good idea.

I didn't read I didn't look. I don't need to. Maybe later.

Then on HotAir they chose this photo to say something else I didn't read. They usually choose interesting photos there, then hang onto the same photo sometimes for weeks. Didn't read, didn't want' to. I'm not bragging about my own ignorance, I'm saying it will come to me soon enough and more than I care for and then for my own purposes I'll be analyzing things Kerry said on a subject that should have never come up in the manner it has so I'll be energizing something I'd rather avoid.

And that's very unBuddhist of me. 

Ooooooouuuuuuummmmmmmm bling bling.

I disagree. 

It is a good idea. The work he had done. Maybe he's wooden in the video, not in the photo HotAir chose. 

What he paid $1,000.00 for, that haircut, that expensive I'm guessing because it suits his sense of himself, I could do for $10.00.

I betchya.

I never did it, but I bet I could. I trimmed my dog and she turned out great. And she's a sheepdog. All three were. Scissors. I cut my dog's hair for Summer the way my barber cuts mine, by grabbing hair between my fingers and snipping, then parallel snips until the entire surface is snipped. Then do that again with the fingers going parallel at an angle to form a grid of carefully snipped hair.

It takes a week.

Because dogs have short attention spans even for deep personal attention like that, short, so they must play and the sessions broken up.

I'd do that with Kerry. He could play between sessions. 

* Excellent haircut. Although I believe I can do better. The bit at the ears, I could deal with that and provide a tight trimmed look and still capture that tossed and tumbled athletic essence of undiminished youth so important to the client. I'd trim the nape.

* His skin is obviously elastic, not paralyzed. Although if it takes his fingers to move his face like mine does then I take it all back. The lines on his forehead indicate the Botox treatments wore off, never occurred, or piled wrinkles overtook them, either way his forehead is elastic and so are his cheeks.

* Ears neatly trimmed. And not just the inside where the hair comes out of the hearing canal, but the whole earlobe is trimmed. 

* Eyebrows neatly trimmed. Without being overly trimmed so that he looks like a woman. He has this perfect. 

* Nose hair trimmed completely. This is especially important speaking French. A Diplomat certainly does not want to be seen blowing buggers when slipping into les nàzel aćçents. 

Splendid imagery and superb Diplomatic presence and representative for the United States. This is the stuff of history. And exciting too, observing a new international paradigm where the liberal president of the United States embraced by liberal Western governments worldwide, their populations, the Nation, presumes to speak for the International community, and turns out he does

The whole world scrambles to cover for the remarks made by the man. I read in four separate places that high ranking military planners complained about drawing up plans for strikes updating them some 50 times. I'm always suspicious of decimals. But the point is, a lot of planning and re-planning due to the carelessness, uncertainty, lack of real leadership, and decision. 

That is what happens, one of the things that happens, when "do my homework" is elevated to the pinnacle, truly the pinnacle of American political life, many would say the world's pinnacle, Peter Principle fashion. Fifty times, that fecklessness looks like this:

Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.Do my homework.

I counted fifty. Whatever the real number, they're still planning. Come to think of it, that's their job. Just do your jobs and stop bitching. What did you think the job of war planner is?

The president speaks foreign policy in axiom presuming to speak for the world and the world flies into activity demonstrating he does in fact speak for the world. Secretary of State makes an offer to show what is available and withdraws it but its out there and taken and now a global discussion has occurred and responsibility is spread to the whole world. Does it get any more brilliant than that? Moreover, and this is the icing, I hope for you to appreciate it, we have two gorgeous impeccably groomed well spoken diplomats representing us. Thank you, Democratic Party. 

4 comments:

JAL said...

All this gorgeousness is making this head ache.

Chip Ahoy said...

Here's a thing that makes me so stupid. This anim makes me laugh every time I see it, it just does. I can't help it. I went to scooch the file into the trash and the icon played and that made me laugh. Because the file turned out so small. Tiny. I could add frames so I doubled the frames on the end to lengthen the cheek skin movement, ran it, I laughed, saw the file is still tiny, doubled the end again, ran it, laughed at its length, noticed the file is still tiny, so doubled the end again, ran it, laughed at its increased length, I might have done that one more time, and now it is beyond ridiculously exaggerated and properly funny.

deborah said...

Chip, you goof. Nice GIF(?)

I think his 'bangs' make him look like he's wearing a rug.

Yes, I've cut dog hair. The only dog I have now is difficult to do because he's so unruly. He's a very gentle, sweet, loving dog, but hates having his hair messed with. So of course he has one of those thick undercoats. He should be sheared like a sheep, I think.

deborah said...

Did I mention he weighs about 77 lbs.?