Wednesday, December 23, 2020

My Dinner with Andre the Giant


Andre:
I just don't think I feel the need for anything more than all this, whereas, you know, you seem to be saying that it's inconceivable that anybody could be having a meaningful life today, and, you know, everyone is totally destroyed, and we all need to live in these outposts; but you know, I can't believe---even for you. Don't you find it pleasant just to get up in the morning?
Professor: I disagree. I never had a meaningful life. In fact my life has been and continues to be a waste. Nothing I have ever done has ever had a positive effect on anything in the world.
Andre: I think you are too hard on yourself. What about all the lonely Jeffrey Tubin types who correspond with you? Surely that means something.
Professor: Don't call me Shirley. And none of it means anything.
Andre: Is there anything I can do to make you feel better.
Professor; Well yes ....there is...can you body slam me?
Andre: I think that be arranged.