Wednesday, December 2, 2020

I was told there would be no Dylan

 


Every morning when I wake,
Dear Lord, a little prayer I make,
O please do keep Thy lovely eye
On all poor creatures born to die

And every evening at sun-down
I ask a blessing on the town,
For whether we last the night or no
I’m sure is always touch-and-go.

We are not wholly bad or good
Who live our lives with Morning Wood,
And Thou, I know, wilt be the first
To see our best side, not our worst.

O let us see another day!
Bless us all this night, I pray,
And to the sun we all will bow
And say, good-bye – but just for now!

1 comment:

MamaM said...

As usual, the scope and reach impresses. While it appears as though the focus of change this time around is living with Morning Wood, I wonder if Mourning Wood is part what lasting through the night and living to see another day for half a century or more eventually leads to?