Monday, March 25, 2024

Twenty Dollars an hour for fast food workers?


I see where Cali has passed a law to give a twenty dollar an hour minimum wage to fast food workers. We went to few fast-food joints to my chagrin but my brother-in-law was in charge so what can you do.

One was place called Tender Greens and it wasn't too bad. You picked a protein, salad and a vegetable and they make you a plate. They give you a stick with a number on it and you sit down and the runner brings you your food. There is no waiter per se. There were a lot of workers but I bet half of them get laid off if this law stays in force. 

I kept seeing pizza joints advertising "New York Pizza" so I decided to give one a shot.




 It was in a strip mall next to a convenience store. I went into the store to play Lotto and it turns out that the same Indian family owns both operations. The teenage girl had to call her mom because she didn't know how to operate the machine. Then when I went next door to the pizzeria the mom was behind the counter. 

The pizza was just ok. She gave me a warmed-over slice that was in the glass showcase. I just asked her for a slice but she gave me one with pepperoni. I restrained myself from asking if everything they sold had a red dot on it because you know....you need to be politically correct. I just think she didn't make that many pies unless someone ordered it so she wanted to get rid of what she had.

I mean the pizza was ok. But Pizza is like sex. Even bad sex is good. Even bad pizza is good. 

Still I would not get it if I had any alternatives.. 

4 comments:

ampersand said...

So, do you know who was the original famous Ray?

edutcher said...

You need a paisan to get it right.

Justin_O_Guy said...

Why is it so difficult for people to understand that wages Can Not exceed the Earnings an employee Creates?

judgeroybean said...

The expenses to pro-tax voters increase faster than the taxes they voted for others to pay.