Monday, March 25, 2024

Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio....



I haven't been around for a while, and I apologize. 

I have been busy writing and trying to get some of my work published. Hopefully, I will have news soon on that front.  In the meantime, we have been living our life as best we can. I had my pacemaker replaced in June and it was a slow recovery, but I am back to snuff. So much so that we were able to take a short vacation. To California of all things!

Lisa's brother lives in Cali so we went to visit him in Santa Monica where he lives near the beach. I took advantage to sit by the hotel pool for a while to soak up the rays. It was too cold to go to the beach, but we visited a lot of places. We went to the Santa Moncia Pier. Malibu. The Hollywood Sign. Beverly Hills. Grauman's Chinese theatre. Even California Pizza Kitchen. I kid you not.

There are a lot of homeless people that scared my sister-in-law but we are from Brooklyn so nothing really phased us. We just gave off our normal don't fuck with us vibes and we had no problem. We were lucky and didn't run into any truly crazy ones so it was all good.

To sum it up, California is a great place to visit but I could never live there. 

I will post more about it at Trooper York as I don't want to clutter up Lem's spot with my personal life.

3 comments:

edutcher said...

Always trust the Lefties to louse up paradise.

The Dude said...

Good to hear from you, Troops, I was getting concerned.

The Dude said...

Also, "fazed" rather than "phased".

Send me a draft of your next book and I will proofread it - trust me, it's going to need it!