Saturday, March 30, 2024

It's time for breakfast!


This was the breakfast I had every morning on vacation at the Hilton. Bacon, egg, salt, pepper, and ketchup on a toasted bagel. A shitpot full of breakfast sausages and potatoes. Coffee.

I hit the buffet every morning, The wife couldn't do that because she had to be gluten-free. But we did what we always do and made friends with the people working there. I called the waiter over and introduced myself. He said his name was Aurelio and I said, "Hey that's the name of one of the greatest third basemen of all time." He knew of Aurelio Rodriquez of the Tigers who he was named after, and we hit it off.

I said to him, "I see that you have gluten-free bread on the menu so maybe the Chef can make my wife gluten-free French Toast." He said, "Don't worry Jim I will take care of it." He came out with some beautiful gluten-free French toast with berries on the side. She had that every day.

Another funny thing happened the next day. We were meeting people for brunch so I went down to just get a pot of coffee. I ask Ramon the other waiter and he sez no problem. A few minutes later a waitress comes out carrying the coffee pot and a couple of glasses on a tray. I go "Thanks I will take it upstairs." She goes, "No I will carry it for you." So naturally I thank her for being so nice and I am very appreciative. We get in the elevator, and I see that she is upset. I go to her," Are you ok?" She says, "No. I was serving this customer, and he didn't like the butter. So he threw it at me." I go, "What the fuck? Did you report him?" "No. The hotel will not take my side. I could get fired and I need this job." You see she is a single mother and works three jobs to survive. I go, "Point him out to me and I will accidentally fuck him up somehow." She thanks me but says to let it go.

Oh, it was a nasty Chinaman.

Anyhoo she became as thick as thieves with the wife, and they gossiped every morning. She was so upset to see us go. 

Those people made us feel we were home.

Along with the potatoes and sausages.

Just sayn'








 

4 comments:

Trooper York said...

I am a fat fuck.

Just so you know.

Tank said...

Life can be good l

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I thought you were switching to being a Muzzie, yet here you are having bacon and sausage.

Then again, you never said you would be a good Muzzie!

Trooper York said...

Check the date buddy.