Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I am Spartacus


Image by b3ta member n8tive, profile here


How to resize a tiny video. 

Click HTML to view embed code:  

Read code for width and height:

Height reads: 266
Width reads: 320

The best width for this site is 525 otherwise it runs into the margins and displays over text.

266        x
-----  =  ----
320      525

266 X 525 = 139650
139650 / 320 = 436.4

x = 436

So, new width = 525, new height = 436,  Enter new numbers.

Maths!

You needn't worry about arithmetic to solve the algebra. On mac spotlight does simple maths. PC offers calculator and so does entering numbers and symbols into browser's address bar. "*" asterisk sign for multiply. "/" forward slash for divide.



You can also bring up Photoshop and and open a new document with original dimensions. Once open, change the width to 525 and it will change the height automatically to retain the document's proportions.

Or, you can just use these numbers forever.

In this manner a video is displayed large as reasonable on this site with this template instead of a tiny video that Blogger offers penuriously parsimoniously with their video upload, as an act of kindness and consideration.

8 comments:

Rabel said...

There's always that one guy.

"I'm Barack Obama" would have been good too.

Chip Ahoy said...

Yeah, that would be good one too. (that would be feeding the troll)

XRay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
XRay said...

Sorry, but I was out of line on that previous post.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I read that and I thought it was a good idea. I want to change the title font to a Red Sox font... Something like Trooper has has but Red Sox style.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I'm goin to GA with my brother early morning. I may not be able to post much from there. I'll do what I can.

XRay said...

My family, on the patriarchal side, were Georgians. Harsh, so to speak, were they, but good folks, bottom line. Hope it all works out and you have some good pie.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Thanks X-ray