Monday, November 17, 2014

"‘Dice’ Clay: ‘I don't mind a little controversy,’"

FOX411: So "Dice" is a character not you.

Clay: Exactly. It's a stage persona. I'm sure Elvis didn't wear a glitter outfit around the house but he'd get on stage and he'd be in his jumpsuit. When I go on stage people don't want to hear, “My son came home with a beautiful picture he made in the first grade.” I'm up there making people laugh.
We live in a filthy world where anything goes. Go to the internet. Since my kids were babies I would keep them off that internet. I would say, “It will wreck your mind if you go to those sites because it's not what real life is about, that type of sex.” I had to explain it to them because it could twist a kid's mind up. All of a sudden he's 20 years old and he thinks his first girlfriend should be with five other people and him because that's what's allowed in the world.

It's the sickest stuff in the world. If you're 50, 40, you want to go look, well you're already who you are and what's the difference but when it's an impressionable 8-year-old, 12 or 18 or even a 25 year old looking and saying, “Oh so that's how it goes?” I make fun of the stuff on stage but it's out there and adults come to see me.

3 comments:

AllenS said...

I've heard the name before, but I have no idea what "Dice" does.

bagoh20 said...

He's the guy you would most like to see wrestle Rosie O'Donnell, or date Jonathan Gruber's mom.

KCFleming said...

He's one of the many casualties in the long war of feminism.