Tuesday, May 17, 2022

You need to redefine your priorities when the world changes


I know a lot of the formerly conservative Republicans hated unions. You know that was because they represented big business and they hated unions. Now unions can be a terrible thing. Look at the teacher's union. A bigger bunch of grifters and groomers cannot be found outside of the editorial board of the National Review. But still and all unions can have their place in our nation and we need some of them here and now.

Look when I was a kid my uncles were in the ILA. The International Longshoreman's Union. One of the most mobbed up unions in the country. Yeah they took brides and were really corrupt. But they did protect the rank and file when it counted. When the containers came in they negotiated a contract that protected their membership and set up the badging in system that let most of them live their lives without having to go on welfare. I remember when they went on strike and there were fights with scabs. It was a tough dirty business. But there was safety in numbers and some protection for the working man.

Now they need to do the same thing to Amazon. Those workers are as exploited as any sharecropper or garment worker in a sweatshop. They need a union to hold Bezo's and the globalists feet to the fire. If we hope to become the party of the working class we need to get behind the idea of supporting unions and forcing businesses to make stuff in the USA. The time of getting butt fucked by the Chamber of Commerce and big business is over. Fuck Disney. Fuck Amazon. Fuck Twitter. Fuck Boeing. If they don't want to hire real red blooded Americans and pay them a living wage and let them be free then burn them to the ground. Addition by subraction.

We need to support unions. We just need to get the Mob to run them.

3 comments:

edutcher said...

Sure we do. /sarc

No offense, but I have to go Lomax to your Taw Jackson.

Unions, of course, served a very necessary purpose 140 years ago or so. Then they got subsidized by Franklin Roosevelt.

What's needed is not so much unions, but someone who will enforce the law. I have a few thoughts on that line.

Amartel said...

I've changed. Now I only hate government worker unions.
They didn't fight for what they got; they extorted it, which is not the same.
And I've completely lost faith in so many institutions and corporations that used to be reliable but no longer can be trusted to do their jobs.

JG said...

In the late 70s I worked my way through college working for the phone company and I was part of the CWA. During my time I was in 3 different locals. One was run properly, one was run by crooks but they supported the members, and the last was run by crooks that did not support the members. I had tested for a data position and passed all at 100% as I had graduated and the position required test passing, and I was given it but held for 2 months. Then I found they had placed upper level people from the CWA into these positions without testing because their company positions were going away and I was let go. This showed me that a Union cares nothing for the people, just what they can get for their leaders. I never joined a union since and became Management.