Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My All Time Fielding Team: Shortstop and Third Base

I want you to realize that as much as I love the Yankees I have to be fair and pick the best fielders regardless of what team they are on. (Except the Red Sox or the Mets which doesn't matter because they suck anyway)

Best Shortstop: Ozzie Smith


There isn't even a close second. He is by far the best I have ever seen. Now there are a lot of slick fielders I have seen through the years. Mark Belanger. Gene Michael. Even that punk piece of shit Rey Ordonez. Still none of them could hold a candle to the Wizard of Oz. I once saw him turn four double plays in a double header in Shea Stadium. He was the real deal.

Best third baseman: Brooks Robinson


This is a tough one because I could have easily picked Graig Nettles. Or Clete Boyer. Or Celerino Sanchez. But I have to give the devil his due.

America got to see how good Brooks was in the World Series. Unfortunately I got to see him rob the Yankees all the time. He was the best day in day out. A gentlemen. Somebody you could respect and wished were on your team.

6 comments:

The Dude said...

Hao 'baot dem Owes, hon?

ndspinelli said...

I am w/ you on Brooks. I don't disagree w/ Ozzie. But Omar Vizquel was just as good and did not showboat as much.

deborah said...

Wish I knew baseball like Trooper.

MamaM said...

Wish I knew baseball like Trooper.

Ahhhh, is this the same wishing well from which comments about tight bras, loose breasts and imagined hard-ons are drawn?

Trooper York said...

I never drawn imagined hard-ons.

You don't have to imagine anymore now that we have chemistry on our side.

Just sayn'

MamaM said...

You're a lucky dog, Trooper. Especially now that the patent's expired. Fortunately, it's not your real or imagined hard-ons that are the subject here. It was our dear and wishful deborah who was into fantasy hard-ons a while back in addition to making bra recommendations.