Friday, November 4, 2022

On Specters & Haints

 



I don't know if I can watch this time around.  I'm still haunted by the specter of the voting irregularity I witnessed during the last go round.  After sitting in the darkness watching the count for the 2020 vote in Michigan suddenly and inexplicably shut down for several hours late at night after the polls closed and come back up again in the small hours of the morning with Brandon in the lead in the key states where he'd previously been trailing, I didn't know what I was seeing.  Not then and not now, but whatever went down was definitely peculiar to say the least, a never-before-seen phenomena that didn't come through as open and above board.  Although I'm now hoping it was a once in a life-time thing, I have my doubts.  

Oddly enough, that afternoon I'd handed my own mail-in ballot out the car window, and placed it directly into the hand of our township clerk as he stood in his driveway in his stockinged feet.  He'd just finished taking his work boots off in the garage, and as he walked toward us with a smile he said something about it being the safest place to leave my vote; and I believed him.  Though I worried afterward he could leave it on the garage bench and forget about it, I still had trust in the overall process.  I don't anymore. 

1 comment:

edutcher said...

Trust in the process will return when the states start prosecuting. That means a purge of the Democrats (they love the Commies so much, they should get it).

What happened last time was financed and organized outside this country. Those who participated in it, Whigs included, committed treason. When people say there is no path, it's because the whole thing was outside the imagining of the people who wrote the Constitution. They never imagined the entire political and judicial establishment would betray the country. As it was extra-Constitutional, the means to rectify it will have to be extra-Constitutional.

People are paying attention and they're mad. Hanky-pank this time won't be greeted the same way, I'm thinking.