Thursday, November 3, 2022

On Full & Empty Minds & Hearts

 


Since my mind hops around a lot, all six concerns mentioned here and more are rolling around upstairs. Only my thoughts involve a few more exclamation points.  Plus I consider Musk's control of Twitter to be a positive change running alongside whatever else is flying out of mouths of White House leadership. What briefly entertained me today, however, more than any of the other cartoons found, was Babylon Bee's list of the 43 Things Besides Covid the Democrats Are Requesting Amnesty On. Brandon and his sidekick have not yet made the list but Hillary is #43.

Even with all else going on, my mind came to rest this 60+ degree afternoon as I sat outdoors in the sunshine, listening to the oak leaves as they gently swirled down around me to land with an audible tick, tick, tick on the forest floor.   A rain of leaves, with the trees doing what they done for thousands of years they finish up one season and prepare for the next.  What I experienced, the peace I felt as I sat there reminded me one of the short Frost poems I memorized years ago:

Dust of Snow BY ROBERT FROST

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.


2 comments:

edutcher said...

whatever else is flying out of mouths of White House leadership

Nicely put after last night's second Moloch speech.

ampersand said...

You know, Biden could get his polling numbers up 30/40 points if he simply dropped dead.