Tuesday, December 28, 2021

This TV is not big enough for the both of us pilgrim.

 


Life is full of compromise. 

We were hanging out with the wife's best friend not too long ago and she went on and on about the return of those nasty whores from "Sex in the City." She told us she couldn't wait to watch and in fact played the old series in background while we were visiting.

So, when this shit came on the television, I agreed to watch it with her. Boy did it suck cocks in Hell. It was a politically correct crap fest from the get-go. I don't even want to detail all the bullshit because it isn't worth the effort. I mean the nasty redhead who is a lesbian in real life is turning lesbo on the show. The only character I liked was the slutty one and she refused to be part of this shitfest. The Law-and-Order Jerk off who plays Horse Faces husband croaks in the first episode. However, this was not enough to save him as he is being Me-Tooed on the internet by a bunch of bims who suddenly remember they were victimized by him. Which could be true. I mean he participated in victimizing me by being part of this bullshit. 

Anyhoo this was so laughable bad that the wife agreed we never had to watch it again. 

As part of the deal we then put on 1883.



1883 is the prequal to Kevin Costner's Yellowstone which is one of the most popular shows on cable. Because it is an old-fashioned show with old fashioned values. When there is a problem, they solve it by shooting someone. Like the Rifleman or Have Gun Will Travel. 1883 is the prequal starring Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and the great Sam Elliott. It is very well done and historically accurate so far. I particularly enjoyed the cameos especially Billy Bob Thornton as Big Jim Courtright one of the Old West marshals who gets short shrift in comparison to more famous ones like Earp or Hickock. 

I highly recommend it. The wife liked it. Hell, I even think ed will like it. Check it out if you can.

But please by all that's holy stay away from that twat Sarah Jessica Horseface. Watch a real horse opera. 

2 comments:

edutcher said...

Man, you are in a mood these days.

Herself is binging (participle of binge, I know the thing these days is to do the Limey thing (ageing, bingeing), but we're not Limeys) on those Hallmark Christmas movies, so it may be a while before I see anything.

windbag said...

Never watched the original so I don't need to watch the reboot. I binged Ted Lasso the past couple of weeks. It was good. Way better than I expected. The social commentary was easy to overlook. Loved the character Roy Kent.

There just isn't a lot of good tv to choose from anymore. I watch The Sopranos a couple of times a year. Still notice new stuff. I can't wait until senility sets in and I can watch it for the first time again. Season 4 of Fargo was good. Lots of people didn't like it, but I did, especially the very end. I am looking forward to Better Call Saul's final season, which is due to be released early 2022.

Hope yours was a merry Christmas. Here's hoping for a better year in 2022 (I think the best is behind us).