Thursday, July 23, 2020

Eat your meat!


How do you like your steak?

I have a problem because I like number one and the wife likes number five. So I have to cook everything differently. The big problem is the cut of meat we pick. Sure if you have small steaks each can be cooked to order. Well done or properly rare. But if you get a big T-bone or a porterhouse you are cooking one piece of meat that you are sharing. So unless you cut it up it is almost impossible to cook it to everyone's taste.

Right now we are in prime grilling time which is the best for steak. I grill even in the snow but now it is very pleasant. I can sit on the porch and enjoy a beverage while cooking and enjoying the sunset. In the winter I use a grill pan to sear it and then put in the oven to cook to taste.

Red meat is great and much preferable to most other meats. It has a flavor all it's own. When you eat chicken you talk about the sauce. Not the taste. That is why everything is compared to chicken as to taste. Which means it has not taste.

Rare is the way I like it. Bloody red and flavorful. That is the only way for me.

Just add some salt and pepper to a properly grilled steak and we have a party.

How do you like your meat!

7 comments:

MadisonMan said...

Somewhere between 2 and 3.

Prime Rib is on sale this week at the store. That's for dinner this weekend.

Trooper York said...

Hey thanks for coming by Madison Man.

I hope we see more of you.

The Dude said...

I roast my meat, er, beef. Throw it in the crockpot, set it on high, come back a couple of hours later - food. Easy peasy.

edutcher said...

Herself is like Mrs Troop.

Wonder if that's a thing.

ndspinelli said...

I know many "well done" women. I'm #2. My bride is a tenderloin lover which can be tough to cook. She's #3. I like KC strip or ribeye. Flank steaks[always marinated] can be good because you can get a 4-5 on the ends and 2-3 in the middle.

ampersand said...

I like my beef cheap. There were some real bargains two years ago, now even garbage cuts and offal are priced through the roof. Even bones are high. I blame TV chefs.
Considering the swine problem the Chinese had I'm surprised Pork prices haven't shot up. Maybe they're eating their Uighurs instead.

chickelit said...

I'm a #3