Friday, March 13, 2020

KLEM TV: Viral Version

As read on Drudge...just change the word "AIDS" to "coronavirus:"


As for Drudge's "150 Million Americans Could Get Infected" headline, keep in mind his* choice of modal verb: could. Not will. Not may. Not even should. Could.

Has anyone else noticed the weird struggle going on to name the current virus? Coronavirus is out; covid-19 is in. Wuhan Flu is definitely out because it's "racist." I'm reminded of the struggle to rename ISIS under the Obama Administration; they always insisting on ISIL. They needed to spread out the Islamic state to include the whole Levant and not just Syria. Porqué? Just trying to connect dots here.

Lastly, as for the "he said Xi said" origin of the virus -- I suspect that a careful analysis of molecular signatures could solve this were I more a molecular biologist than a chemist.
___________________
*Does anyone even trust Drudge since he sold out? Does he even write his blog??

7 comments:

edutcher said...

Dr Fauci rides again.

Much touted by Fake News, this is probably a worst case scenario. Since we have a rate of ~10 serious cases to ~1690 total, we're talking a 1% chance of life-threatening circumstances.

Most of us would take those odds.

But, yeah, the Team America thing (with Fauci overtones) puts it into perspective.

Amartel said...

I stopped reading drudge a year ago. Either he lost his damn mind or sold out. Either way (I don't care) the site is no different from any standard-issue hype outlet and you're not missing anything by taking it off the drop down/bookmark/read list. I bet the numbers are way down because I can't be the only one to realize this fact.

ndspinelli said...

chick, Obama tried "Isil" and also "Dasch"[Kerry's preferred] but failed, as they did in trying to control them. They just thought they could rebrand the savages. Couldn't even do that.

Dad Bones said...

Whatever it's called it could be the political death virus for Trump or Biden if either of them caught it and the other one didn't. Everyone's watching and alooking for weaknesses in those two whereas if Cruz and others self-quarantine nobody cares.

MamaM said...

My awareness of a change in focus and tone at Drudge was more recent than Amartels (this fall perhaps?) but significant enough to cause me to lessen my visits.

deborah said...

I go to Drudge for the down and dirty, but take with a large grain of salt.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I blame the Italians: Those lazy Dagos brought in the Chinks to do the work and look what happened! I am going with Wuhan-Wop Virus!