Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Babe Abides


"Babe I want to introduce you to Professor Abraham Erskine who has invented a new Super Serum. He has created the Super Hot Dog."
"Hello Mr. Babe it is great to meet you."
"Hey you sound like a Kraut. Are you a Kraut? I am half Kraut."
"I am German Ya. I want you to sample my new Super Dog. The biggest hot dog in the world."
"I thought that was Ty Cobb? All right I will give it a try."
"Hold it above your head Babe we want to get a picture."
"Sure Keed. Hey Kraut get me some kraut. And mustard."
"Sure thing Babe."

6 comments:

ricpic said...

Well, I made Shepherd's Pie today and it was pretty good but I've gotten so used to spicing my food that it came out kind of bland in comparison. So remember to salt and pepper liberally and add balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and even tabasco sauce in your next Shepherd's Pie. And don't skimp on the beef stock either. You want that good strong beefy flavor in winter.

The Dude said...

Beef is beefy. I cook my roast in a crock pot with no seasoning whatsoever. It tastes like beef. Simple is good, at least for me.

ndspinelli said...

I miss the "Beef..it's what's for dinner" ads.

ndspinelli said...

I see Gomer Pyle..err Eli Manning just announced he's retiring. He's a definite HOF guy.

ricpic said...

After hitting another boring home run Babe went mincing around the bases;
Stretching a single into a double, spikes flashing in the sun,
Ty made mincemeat of secondbasemans' faces.

ricpic said...

SecondbaseMENs'. Yikes.