Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Censorship...it is always with us!



So it appears that Lem got another notice from Google about objectionable content. Probably from the Meghan McCain video. He sent me a copy of it and it seems to be generated from Google Ads. I think Google Ads is just about the only way Lem can monetize the blog. I never got a notice on my blog because I never used Ads so they didn't care, Of course that could change. If you use certain buzzwords that the algorithm picks up you can get on a list and be banned.

This is part and parcel of the political correct bigotry and extremism of Google, Facebook, Twitter and all the big social media companies that are controlled by radical progressives. You can't joke around or bust balls or even talk seriously about things that don't fit the woke template. If you do they cancel you. It has become ludicrous in the extreme.

I like to post on TV blogs. Lately is what I do the most. Of course I have banned five times already for having an alternative viewpoint. Just  post the phrase "It's ok to be white" and watch yourself get banned. You just have to set up a new account with a new email but that is just a big pain in the ass. 


This past week the wokest most liberal show that ever existed on TV premiered. It is called 911 Austin and it is about fireman in Austin Texas. Now we always watch fireman shows because my father-in-law was a NYC fireman and the wife is very proud of him. The premise of the show is that a firehouse is decimated by a tragedy where everyone is killed except for one guy. So they get a NYC fire captain who rebuilt his firehouse after 911 to come in and try to do it in Austin. What they tell him to do is to value diversity and affirmative action over competence and could recruit from all over the country. So he brings in his homosexual son. A transsexual from Chicago. A Muslim woman with a hijab from Miami. A dot head Indian with ADD. Oh and the lone survivor a red neck Texan with PTSD. Who is married to a black girl. Very believable no?

I started commenting on how ridiculous the premise is and then I realized why shovel shit against the tide. It was interesting that many people had the same take but I know I would inadvertently say something that would get me banned. Just be my normal Brooklyn knock around guy persona will get me thrown out again. So I stopped commenting on that thread.

Self censorship it the worst censorship. You have to censor yourself all the time. At least I do. I did it for the TV show. I had to do it in the store all the time. You even have to do it at the breakfast table. Sometimes it gets to be a little much. Blogging used to be a release. Where you could bust balls and laugh and act like you used to do when you were playing cards on the stoop and drinking beers with your buddies back in the 1960's. Even those days are over. Big brother is truly watching.

I really don't want to mess up Lem's rice bowl. Self censorship is the worst kind of censorship. I have to rethink things. I jumped in with a bunch of posts because Chip flaked but maybe that was the wrong thing to do. I have to think about it.

5 comments:

ampersand said...

I've never seen an ad on this blog, I don't even see the Amazon link. How do they object to something they host on You tube running on Blogger? Google owns both. Does the left hand not know what the lefter hand is doing? They really should be broken up.

Trooper York said...

I agree. But do you get this blog on your phone? Because if you get it on your laptop you see the Google Ads.

I think they are the ones who are sensitive.

ampersand said...

I am using a PC, but I'm using the Epic browser which I think has an ad blocker. I can't get on some sites with it and have to use another browser.

I've read some of the user reviews for that 911 show on IMDB and they're brutal. But then people hate that BatMa'am show on CW and it goes on. I think the ad agencies are bamboozling corporate heads that all the kiddies want to watch this kind of crap and being clueless and cowardly morons that many CEO's are they buy into it or are cowed into it. Look at Gillette losing tons of money berating their customers with their toxic masculinity ads. They know they F upped but plow on to oblivion.

ricpic said...

Threatening peoples' livelihood or at least their income streams is a damned effective way to shut down free speech, unfortunately.

edutcher said...

After Monday, it's pretty clear the tide they are trying to stem is washing over them.