Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dana Carvey impersonates Trump arguing in favor of fighting global warming

The link was from Drudge to a WSJ article about comedy not being pretty and not even funny. The accompanying photograph is Bill Maher onstage so I skipped the whole thing and went straight to comments. Comments are dreadful, pinched and partisan. They're worthless. The whole thing is worthless. Then this:
If you want a master class in what political comedy is, watch Dana Carvey's impression of Donald Trump arguing in favor of doing something about global warming.  It is genius.
Fine then. Let's see. I picked the longer version.

8 comments:

ricpic said...

What is Carvey, a boyish 65? There are some guys like that, boyish to the end. Okay, 60. I'd call him semi-funny but the comments to that article about the disaster that our comedy has become were not pinched IMO. They were kind of heartbroken, as in where do I go to get away from the ugliness? Comedy used to be a relief from the war, a time out. Not anymore.

ricpic said...

Hey, I was right! I looked it up and Carvey was born in June 1955 which makes him, ummm..........62!

Fr Martin Fox said...

That was pretty good, I think. I really like Carvey.

Rabel said...

"There are some guys like that, boyish to the end."

I know, right. It's kind of a curse really. The women have such high expectations.

Chip Ahoy said...

His impression of George Bush is funny as heck but he's totally wrong on all points. Bush does not move like that. And Bush is not argumentative.

Dad Bones said...

Trump impersonators aren't making me laugh unless he's there to help them make fun of himself.

The Dude said...

It's a good thing he mentions who he is impersonating otherwise I would not tell one character from the other. He has a very limited range and his stand up is singularly unfunny.

ndspinelli said...

I think Carvey is very funny. He's also fairly conservative. He has twin sons getting into comedy and he is focused on helping them. Good family man.