Sunday, August 14, 2016

What did you learn too late in life?

Reddit top answers...
To say no to things I don't want to do.

That other people don't care what you think. They're more worried about themselves, and you aren't the first thing on their priority list.

Could've saved so many headaches if I knew this years ago.

To save money. Now I'm always broke and I never have enough money for a back up plan.

That the 'someday' you are waiting for, (you know, the one when your real life will start to happen) is happening right now.

Don't wait to do the thing.

If you let people take advantage of you they will.

Should have stayed in shape.

How credit works

You need to force yourself to socialize. Don't isolate yourself.

13 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I would not call this too late: but you need to learn to get away from toxic people sooner rather than later.

Leland said...

When I was visiting that woman in her office and she asked if I would "look in her drawers", it was a double entendre.

ndspinelli said...

Many things we didn't "learn" too late. We merely ignored or buried them. Diabetes is rampant in my family. Bad gene. I knew obesity leads to getting Type 2 but I ignored it. However, I finally got religion[in stages] and got it controlled. This scenario applies to other diseases, issues, etc. in many people. They know what they should or shouldn't do, they simply choose to ignore or deny it.

ndspinelli said...

Leland, LOL!

edutcher said...

It's never too late.

Adamsunderground said...

Not only crunchy and delicious, lead paint chips are shiny

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I would not call this too late: but you need to learn to get away from toxic people sooner rather than later.

This..

Dust Bunny Queen said...

To say no to things I don't want to do.

This is a good one. I also like the statement that "NO" is a complete sentence. You don't have to explain your self. Just....no.

ricpic said...

The only REAL truth is that you're a grain of sand. One grain of sand out of billions. But who wants to learn that? I'm being serious. The only REAL truth is something that it's better NEVER to learn. Because then what point would there be in doing whatever makes you feel like MORE than the grain of sand you are? AmIrite? Damn tootin'!

edutcher said...

You are a unique grain of sand.

ndspinelli said...

DBQ is more manly than many men I know.

AllenS said...

What did you learn too late in life?

That I would never bang Farrah Fawcett.

That it doesn't look like I'll ever bang Christie Brinkley.

ampersand said...

That it doesn't look like I'll ever bang Christie Brinkley.

Could be worse. Hinckley did not bang Jodie Foster even though he tried to bang Reagan.