Sunday, November 29, 2015

I don't think you can be my therapist!


"I don't think I can have you as my therapist."
"Why not Selina, I think I might be able to help?"
"Well you see you remind me of someone very dear to me. It would be too confusing."
"Yes I can see that."
"Your deep voice, your calm reassuring manner. Even your habit of smoking cigars."
"You were very close weren't you?"
"Yes we were. I remember when I was just a young kitten. I would run to him to tell him about my day. I would climb up into his lap as he sat on his recliner wrapped in a fur robe very reminiscent of that one. He would stroke my hair and murmur reassuring words and he made me very very safe. It would seem that he would always have a cigar in his pocket."
"Sometimes Selina a cigar is just a cigar."
"Yes except when it isn't."

1 comment: