Tuesday, December 3, 2013

pants on sale for half price.

Just try finding a pair or Levi 501 jeans 30 inch waist 34 inch length in bright red. And they fit! They f'n fit! Six pairs of trial-purchase jeans and finally a pair that fit. And when they are finally found you go, "That's the one!" It's good advice to rush straight back there and buy more before the situation changes. And it turns out in that short time the place marked the pants down to half price. It's like they saw me coming, understand my tribulation and want me to have double and in other colors.

6 comments:

rhhardin said...

Try buying plain white sweatshirts and sweatpants, the best colors for bike riding visibility.

For some reason they're only sold to people who print them with emblems, so you have to go to a wholesaler.

Buy several.

At elast as of ten years ago. I have a few left.

Ignorance is Bliss said...

Chip's bright red pants, half off

There's a headline for ya.

bagoh20 said...

I can't be the only one who has noticed this. If you buy 501's in black they are always tighter than standard blue ones, about 1/2 inch I'd say. I bought maybe 5 pairs over the years and this has been true every time. WTF?

bagoh20 said...

A 30" waist? You need a sandwich and a can of lard. Grab a few tubs of ice cream, a case of chips, and watch some housewives of Hoboken or something. Possibly consider a silicone gut implant. Don't give up. There are things you can do.

Chip Ahoy said...

I discovered the joy of Ben and Jerry's. My goal is to replicate their genius.

Synova said...

30 34 is impossible to find.

I gave up trying to find 32 34 for my son and just bought him 34 34 pants and a belt.