Saturday, December 17, 2022

On Knowing the Difference & The Strength to Resist

 

And who is Kevin Sorbo?  

"Kevin Sorbo, TV’s  “Hercules,” got his start with some of the smallest parts of all - in commercials.

“I have a Jim Beam commercial that runs worldwide,” Sorbo says. “You can’t do hard liquor in America. But I shot this Jim Beam in New Zealand six years ago.

“We shot it in five or six days and it ran all over the world. There was a tagline. I walk into a bar and ask for Jim Beam. He hands it to me, and I say, ‘This ain’t Jim Beam.’

“This line is a line everybody uses in bars around the world. The people in America haven’t a clue. I had three Russians come up to me at the Sheraton Hotel in Santa Monica and they said, ‘Zis ain’t Jim Beam.”’"


Also author of the book, True Strength: My Journey from Hercules to Mere Mortal--and How Nearly Dying Saved My Life, written in 2011.  "I was teetering on the brink of complete destruction." 


1 comment:

edutcher said...

Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.

He's been a strong voice on Twit for Conservative thought.