Saturday, February 12, 2022

On Sharts and Prayers; Don't You Worry, Don't You Fret

 Along with my sense of smell, I also temporarily lost my sense of humor as my body took on the Omicron virus.  Yesterday, in the midst of lingering lethargy, an intermittent cough, and low food interest (with smell slowly returning) it showed up again with a burst that surprised and delighted me.   After  pondering in dead-seriousness the possibility that good men may once again be on the verge of putting their lives and livelihoods on the line to defend what matters most to them, I came on the clip below.  It had been posted at the motherblog (and brought here for those of you who don't venture there); and when I saw it, I laughed out loud at the fit.  So close to the truth, yet far enough from it to allow the laughter of delight and recognition to bubble up.  The artist/presenter's creative use of the material at hand also impressed me.  And the weird non-match with the hair, which at first was disquieting, worked to created the offset needed to hold attention and allow the dissonance between the voice/words and the look to keep the viewer from dismissing what they were seeing as more of the same old Joe.  



2 comments: