Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Do you ever feel that way?


Pat Garret and Billy the Kidd is one of the least popular of the great Sam Peckinpah's movies. Introducing the soporific Kris Kristofferson and the execrable Bob Dylan favorite of dried out twats everywhere. It did have several excellent actors including James Coburn, Slim Pickens and LQ Jones. With one of my favorite actresses of all time Katy Jurado.

Katy was one of the best actors to ever come out of Mexico. She was praised for her performances in such films as High Noon and One Eyed Jacks. Well all right she got the role because she sucked Marlon Brando's one eyed Jack but still. She even denied Jesus in Barabbas. She was in that because she was married to one of the stars. Ernest Borgnine.

Yes that's right she was married to Ernie. What is even more impressive was that she was the long time lover of Louis L'Amour. Many of the firey Mexican characters in his novels were based on her.

She must of been a piece of work.

The studio took the film away from Sam and it was a dismal flop. He had his own cut which came out many years later which was voted the 126 best film of all time which is quite unbelievable. The thing I most remember is the song that came out of it.

Do you ever feel like you are "Knockin on Heavens Door?"



1 comment:

The Dude said...

I saw that movie when it came out. I liked the quote "There's a buck-sixty in old Bob if you can dig it out." because I am a cheapskate.

And Dylan, what can I say - I cannot get enough of that man's symbolist poetry.

One more thing - I will never be gunned down while I am shaving. I haven't shaved since 1967.