Friday, July 17, 2020

If it's Goya it's got to be good.


I have used Goya products my entire life. Even the guineas knew that they had the best beans. Well except for the cannoli beans that Progresso made but otherwise Goya beans were the best and the cheapest. I also got on a kick for a while preparing their flavored rice packages which I had to stop because they weren't certified gluten free and organic. Still they are well worth you trying.

Here is a black bean dish I recently made. I sauteed minced garlic, diced onions and peppers. Then I added the contents of two cans of beans including the liquid in the cans which is very important. Add a cup of chicken stock and cook it down a little at least a half an hour while continuelly stirring.

Then severe over rice with a side protein. Here I served a fried chicken cutlet with melted mozzarella.

This is the perfect case of an elitist group of politically correct assholes trying to destroy a minority owned business because the owner doesn't want to stay on their plantation. It is very indicative of the change that is happening that the organization of bodegas in New York condemned this attack as Goya is the mainstay of the Hispanic table. Every beaner I know loves Goya and their houses are stuffed with their products. These morons are making a big mistake.

You know who is laughing all the way to the polls?

The God Emperor of the Cherry Blossom Throne.



3 comments:

edutcher said...

The Lefties ruined all kinds of people with their boycotts. Chick-Fil-A came along and for the first time, it was a draw.

Now there's a buycott.

Talk about being beaten with an ugly stick.

MamaM said...

Here's gofundme that's going gang-busters. Making a difference one can at a time.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/buy-goya-support-trump-amp-feed-the-hungry

What started out as trip to the store to personally spend $225.29 on Goya food as a show of support has since turned into a project to collect funds to buy and donate Goya products to food banks in the DC area and beyond, with close to $300,000 in donations realized to date.

The Dude said...

I have been trying to remember the last time I ate beans of any sort. I might have had some in the '90s, but who knows, maybe I haven't had a bean in 35 years. I'm good.

I will eat rice, if it's that or nothing, but I can go years without that, either. I am not Cuban, is what I am saying.