Monday, July 20, 2020

I was told there would be no Dylan

There are many who say that a dog has its day,
And a cat  has a number of lives;
There are others who think that everyone is pink,
As we all know they are in the inside.
There are fewer, of course, who insist that a  white man
Has a horn and two humps on its head,
And a fellow who jests that a mare can build nests
Is as rare as a monkey that's well read.
Yet in spite of all this, I have moments of bliss,
For I cherish a passion for tomes,
And though doubtful of biscuit, I'm willing to risk it
Even though our Aunt is bereft. 

2 comments:

edutcher said...

Give her credit, Pam Grier aged pretty well.

MamaM said...

Now you've done it! I can no longer tell at first glance what's original and what's not. And even a second look required some concentration and Google-foo.
Wondering now what made you stop when you were rounding the bases for the best part? The bite at the end!

And though doubtful of biscuit, I'm willing to risk it,

And I love to chase rabbits and stones.

But my greatest delight is to take a good bite

At a calf that is plump and delicious;

And if I indulge in a bite at a bulge,

Let's hope you won't think me too vicious.