Thursday, July 2, 2020

I heard of Jewish Lighting .... but I never heard of Jewish Earthquake?



Everybody knows what Jewish Lighting is right? That's when your business isn't making it so there is a "mysterious" fire and you get the insurance money instead of bankruptcy.

Well the Body Elite gym on Court Street had a Jewish Earthquake. The whole freaking building fell down. I know the owner Robert well. He has an Ego even bigger than me if you can believe it! He was conveniently away when the building collapsed. Just like Al Capone was when they had the St Valentines Day Massacre. You see he has been losing his shirt. Closed for months. All the nasty liberals demanding refunds of their gym memberships. Hemorrhaging cash.

Right next store is the Park Health Food store that I used to patronize every day. Owned by an old Korean dude named Mr. Park. Some reports say that the gym was owned by Mr. Park but I think that is bullshit. I am pretty sure I heard Robert say he owned the building in Marco Polo one night and that Park was a front. That he had to collect the rent from him.  But whatever. I do know that whenever the news reports anything they always get it wrong.

I have been inside the gym and noticed that they had removed several of the load bearing walls. I don't know shit about construction but I know that much. They opened up the floor plan so there was no obstructions. No beams holding it up. Just a floor through open space for the machines and the weights. They never do maintenance in buildings in Carroll Gardens. So this whole thing is fishy.

I do know one thing. Everybody in the neighborhood will be breathing in about an ounce of asbestos dust. That building was chock full of it. Good thing everybody is wearing a mask!

3 comments:

The Dude said...

"So, Abe, how's by you?"

"Oy, my store burned down."

"That's too bad. I lost my store in a flood."

"So, how do you start a flood?"

I went ahead and typed that old joke since I know ricpic won't be offended by it. I still think he should be the poet laureate here, but how do you start a laureate?

edutcher said...

Akshully, that's what masks are for.

deborah said...

A Jewish joke:

One Gentile asked another Gentile how his business was doing, and the guy replied, "Great!"